Homemade recipe Learn this easy and simple recipe with Chef Javier Aparicio
H oy comes a dish from home, one of those of a lifetime: artichokes with clams in green sauce . With this recipe you will be able to impress all the diners thanks to its combination of flavors of the sea and the mountains . The artichoke is rich in carbohydrates and fiber, but it is also low in fat, so in addition to having a very tasty dish, it is very nutritious. The Chef Javier Aparicio from the Taberna Cachivache teaches us to make step by step the artichokes with clams in green sauce .
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
Price: 4.5 euros per person
10 anchored artichokes
600 gr of clams preserved in water and salt
3 beautiful garlic cloves
35 ml olive oil
25 gr of flour
A splash of fine, white wine, chamomile
400 ml of fumet
Parsley, chopped abundantly
1. The first thing we have to do is remove the outer leaves of the artichokes until we see that they start to turn yellow. Then we anchor the green part and cut down.
2. We cut them in half and remove the 'hairs' (the more they are out of season, the more they will have). After that we will cook them for 15 to 18 minutes.
3. In a frying pan with oil, fry the minced garlic and add the minced cayenne.
3. When the garlic is colored, add the flour and cook for 90 seconds over low heat so that it cooks well. We add the fine so that a small paste is formed.
4. We add the fumet and glide. Add the artichokes and cook slowly while reducing about 5 minutes. Add salt (rectify at the end) and a third of the parsley and cook.
5. The sauce has to be a little thicker than desired when we add the clams since they are releasing a little water. We add them and cover until they open, we rectify with salt, we add parsley again and we serve.
Needless to say, the better the product used, the better the dish will be, in this recipe a Japanese clam was used Discreet, but with a fine Galician clam the dish is superb even with less quantity of clams. We add parsley twice to take advantage of its flavor and color.